Wednesday, January 10, 2018

#0719 "Snowstorm"

From December 11th, 2004... a look at a happy memory...

This is looking south across yard toward the spruce forest when we lived at Watershed Farm on the 12th Concession of King Township. It had snowed quite hard for a day. With the temperature just hovering below freezing, this made for a very sticky snow which clung to the branched and weighed them down. I painted until it was too dark to see.. and I forced myself not to touch it again. I have a tendency to do just a few (hundred) more strokes to try to make it better and sometimes, the spirit of the moment gets messed up. I just signed my name on the inside studio easel and then "Bob's your uncle".

I use this catchy phrase a fair bit. It dates back to 1887 when British Prime Minister Robert Cecil (a.k.a. Lord Salisbury) decided to appoint his nephew Arthur Balfour to the prestigious and sensitive post of Chief Secretary for Ireland. It was a blatant example of nepotism and a guarrantee of success. I use the phrase more loosely to indicate that the project is done or has reached it's happy conclusion.

The family Chesapeake was with me while I worked.
 Click to go to Phil's Art... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...