Tuesday, April 24, 2018

#0023 "Rustic Road"

The is the last painting done at Mario Airomi's Studio just east of Maitland. I was driving my 1975 Malibu car then instead of riding my bike back and forth. He wanted me to try something large and different and he had this image among his papers of inspiration.
Mario passed away in January 1976. He was missed. After this I evolved into the Group of One and painted by myself. That is when you really start to create your own path not knowing where it might lead. This was step number 23, a prime number and the next one would be taken alone. One cannot really find your unique shelf and style if you are following someone else.

This painting was done just before Linda and I were married. Mario and Lily gave us a fine painting of daisies as a wedding gift. We didn't have anything else for our walls so this and Mario's daisies hung over the chesterfield for years. The Physics degree at Queens was completed the following year and then meteorology and weather came on the scene.
 Step number 23 along my artistic journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...